Thursday, October 30, 2014

Titus Andronicus 2014: Shawn Saunders "Dear Diary"

Post by Titus Andronicus cast member Shawn Saunders:



Dear Diary,
Plastic wax face
glass eyes
they are machines
dead
no hearts
no passion
it's evident
that they are devils
they’re being
is cheerless
but detached somewhere
tucked under
sliced concrete
I am the flower
that blossoms
in the grooves
liberated
from the turbulance
I am vibrant
flourishing colors
unnoticed against
the grey
rigid backdrop of society
I survived
can you?
that chilly oozing substance
dripping down
the corner of your mouth
that’s me
you wonder
if you could wipe me clean away
you can’t
I’ll ask what’s for dinner
and you’ll eat
what I give you
I wonder who tastes better?
Titus or Saturnine?
Love Aaron.





About Shawn Saunders:
Shawn is playing Aaron in Titus Andronicus  


Shawn Francis Saunders is an avid reader of Spider-Man comics and enjoys the theatre in moderation. Most recently Shawn co-wrote Hamlet and Ophelia Go Swimming and took the show to the fringe festival in Edinburgh Scotland. Shawn is a vegetarian and pacifist but in this show he will murder you if you look at him wrong.







Titus Andronicus performs at the Castle Amphitheater in Provo Utah from Oct 17th-November 1st 2014. Tickets and Details HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment