That's right, friends. We're tired of having all the fun. We want you to get up on stage with us and try this! The Grassroots Shakespeare Company invites you to try original practices by helping us stage a 1-hour production of Hamlet in ONE NIGHT!
Here's the skinny:
1) If you'd like to participate, email email@example.com immediately. If the workshop fills before you sign up, you are invited to come observe the process, but you might not be on stage.
2) If you sign up before Sunday June 14th, you'll receive an email with your very own cue script, taken from a particular scene in Hamlet. Memorize it. I can't stress this enough. In order for original practices to work, you've got to be memorized before our first and only rehearsal.
3) Arrive at Scera Park at 6:00pm on Thursday, memorized and wearing whatever costume you'd like. You'll then participate in the most invigorating and collaborative rehearsal ever. With the others in your scene, you'll figure out your relationships, your place in the play, your blocking, and everything else about your performance. It's fun, fast-paced, and so 400 years ago!
4) At 9:00pm, we will run the entire 1-hour show, from beginning to end. Your scene will fall somewhere in there, so you'll need to be listening for your cue line!
5) Casting is gender-blind, just as it was in Shakespeare's day (because only men were allowed to perform), and you are encouraged to invite friends/family/lovers/bosses to come see your show!
We hope to see you there! Even if you don't want to perform, it's incredibly entertaining and enlightening to watch this process unfold. Theater without a director is quite a sight. And Shakespeare in the park is certainly worth the price of admission: Free.
As usual, we will be accepting donations, and encouraging you to invite, invite, invite!
See who else is going to be there on our facebook event.